SEE Electrical PLM software: a modular and complete software suite for managing the complete electrical product lifecycle (PLM - Product Lifecycle Management).
SEE Electrical PLM is a modular and complete software suite for managing the complete lifecycle as well as complex cabling configuration for all kinds of vehicles or industrial plants.
SEE Electrical PLM software answers the need for a complete engineering process, from the management of your requirements to the automatic generation of wiring diagrams in a single electrical database.
The topology approach allows integrating systems and 3D space reservation. Furthermore, it manages the life cycle and configuration of electrical wire harnesses.
Why has IGE+XAO decided to develop a complete PLM software suite for Electrical?
• No integrated tool on the market, but a mosaic of software packages (internal development and from many software publishers).
• No consistency through the logical chain:
–Block Diagrams (BD),
–Principal Diagrams (PD) /Functional Diagrams (FD),
–Harness 2D / 3D,
–Wiring Diagams (WD).
• No real consistency between functional / logical diagrams (BD/FD/WD) and physical (3D harnesses) worlds.
• No 3D topology and from time to time 2D topology (problem of understanding / legibility in case of significant electrical installations i.e.: aircraft vs. car).
• No consistency process in real time.
–No real time processes (batch),
–Limitation of the solutions.
• Offer a concurrent engineering solution
• Enable multi-site usage
• Benefit from databases capabilities.
–Obsolescence of in-house software (hardware, software),
–Obsolescence of “the resources” capable to maintain in-house developments.
• Answer market requirements, mainly for the aerospace industry (Boeing, Airbus, Eurocopter, Embraer,…),
• Provide significant added-value compared to Electrical CAD software applications which do not manage/consider:
–Functional/logical/physical consistencies in real time,
–Automatic net routing and bundling,
Discover below SEE Electrical PLM's different packages or modules!
- Main attributes
- Part Number, manufacturer
- Equipment connectivity
Connective Equipment Definition
- Connectors, Nb pins, type, gauge
- Type, series
- Pin grouping
Wires and cables
- Cable type (Shielded, Twisted, Coax…)
- Wire attributes (Color, gauge…)
- End fittings (Contacts…)
Management of the List of functional electrical devices used by the products (plane, car...):
- Equipment Identification ( functional group, tag, .. )
- Design Solution of Equipment devices (configuration)
- Equipment Part Number from See EED ( = specific supplier reference)
- Equipment connectivity
Assign Equipment devices to the functional decomposition
Management of technical solutions:
• Definition of Equipment devices used in the final product.
• Management of variants (Configuration).
• By Integration Center (Panel/Rack)
Check consistency between Functional Equipment and Installed Equipment
• Access to Equipment List during Functional Design and Installation Design.
Assign Connective devices - Management of technical solutions:
• Definition of Connective devices used in the final product.
• Management of variants (Configuration).
• Pin Booking...
SEE Project Manager PLM is a product dedicated to the management of your electrical projects created with SEE software applications.
Designed for teamwork, SEE Project Manager PLM is perfectly adapted to small, medium and large companies. It centralizes and secures all your electrical data, integrating a "Vault" or "Safe" - type management in a native way.
It allows searching, referencing, re-using of your electrical projects, as well as the traceability of operations realized in projects.
SEE Project Manager PLM organizes the entire electrical data flow that allows a better communication and coordination between different departments and work teams within your company (research department, Maintenance department, Purchasing department, etc.). SEE Project Manager PLM also shortens design deadlines.
SEE Project Manager PLM allows a product management in a collaborative context,
SEE Project Manager PLM ships with a default database, which will allow you to become operational instantaneously and will adapt very easily to your need, as they evolve.
According to the kind of the organization, you will be able to manage one (or several) databases containing your electrical projects.
As for wiring diagrams SEE Electrical Expert is used to manage principle diagrams.
• Link to SEE Electrical Equipement Definition to select equipment
• Connectivity between equipment
• Definition of net groups (to be use by Topology)
Creation and modification of diagrams
- Multiple sheets project management (off page referencing).
- Dedicated tools for signal insertion, symbols.
- Wires are cut automatically.
- Windows drag and drop, cut and paste and undo features, context menus, icon bars…
- Manual or automatic tagging of components.
- Real time management of cross-references (Multiple pages).
Complete management of connectors
- Automatic connector insertion.
- Part number selection.
- Automatic numbering of connector pins according to part number.
- Management of all type of pins (contact, socket…).
- Real-time control (pin duplication, exceeding capacity, etc.).
- Pins management, swap pins, spares.
- Management of connector composition (backshells, pins and accessories).
- Management of inline connectors (Automatic pin numbering…).
Management of signals, wires, cables, shielding
- Real time management of signal networks. (nets)
- Management of cable and wire numbers, gauge, colour…
- Management of cable types (shielded, twisted, coax…).
- Selection of cable and wire part numbers.
Generation of reports
- Automatic lists generation of:
- Equipment lists,
- Wire lists,
- Cable lists,
- Manufacturing lists, etc...
- Included symbol libraries of international standards such as ATA, BNAE, DOD-STD-863B…
- create, modify and organize symbol libraries.
Management of working methods according to standards.
Equipments, connectors, signals, wires and cable numbering.
Connectors, cables graphical representation.
Title blocks and page formats management.
EXCHANGE AND COMMUNICATION
DXF/DWG, BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PCX, SVG,CGM…
Data exchange formats
XLS, DOC, HTML, XML …
Interactive design and modelling of logical cabling and harnessing.
The Topology module allows the definition and modelling of wiring and harness systems as the result of Systems Integration process and 3D electrical installation.
SEE Generative View allows to generate wiring diagram gathering information from the database, using logical harness data created by the Topology and Topology Viewer modules.
Drawings are then generated into SEE Electrical Expert.
This package is very efficient for troubleshooting or engineering review.
A physical harness results of the combination of:
•the wiring list of a harness (cables and connective devices, end-fitting)
•the geometry and mechanical accessories of a geometrical harness (branches with their geometry, protections, splice zones, accessories)
The physical harness calculation computes:
•The length of the cables, by routing them into the GH branches
•The branches diameter, due to cables and protections
•The harness characteristics such as mass, cost, gravity center, number of elements
•The bill of material of the harness
At release time, a PH part number is computed by automatic comparison with the other PH solutions
Services and Data Management
•Design several Systems / Installation / Harness alternatives
•Optimize re-use between alternatives
- Change Management
•Control all modifications applied to the database (security)
•Organize user tasks in Workflows (concurrent engineering)
•Keep track of all modifications (history tracking: who & when)
- Other standard PDM functionalities:
•Life-cycle management: keep track of design maturity
•Versioning: keep track of design evolutions
•Data Locking: Lock data during modification to avoid concurrent access
Define Location of Equipment Devices
• By Product structure
• By Integration Center ( Pannel/Rack)
Inside Equipment center, assign Equipment ports to ports of Equipment center
Pre-Position equipment devices into:
• Equipment Center
• Disconnect brackets
Send requirement to 3D Installation designer.
• List of Equipment for 3D Installation design.
Design physical organization of the Terminal Track
• Selection of the Terminal Track Part-Number
• Add accessories (Cover plate, Terminal stop, … )
Manage solutions/versions of connective devices
• Desynchronize the design of those solutions from the design of the wire harnesses/wiring diagrams
• Manage the position of the connective devices in the installation (location, installation device on which it is mounted)
• Provide pin booking tool
• Provide a Connective Devices Browser to help users of all applications to select connective devices
- "documentation": create 2D drawing harness documentation - compare versions - insert wire grids and BOM (Bill of Materials) etc.
- "jigboard": create the formboard on scale - compare versions - insert wire grids and BOM (Bill of Materials) - manage prededined formboard tables layout etc.
Any question or comment? Please email us