March 3rd, 2010 – The IGE+XAO Group announces new advanced functionalities for its Electrical V5R1, the Intuitive and Versatile CAD Software for all Electrical Design needs. SEE Electrical is the Group’s package dedicated to the medium to low range of Electrical CAD software applications. It has become very popular worldwide, due to its three levels (Basic, Standard and Advanced) and its upgradeability which allows the software to evolve in line with customers requirements.
In the V5R1 version, many new features have been developed:
A more user-friendly software, due to the new user interface:
- Navigation from Database list to drawings
- New windows selection mode which makes object selection easier
- Symbol rotation according to wire
- Program controlling now possible from the keyboard
- Insert components/terminals which are not in drawing by list
The user benefits from a faster and more reliable design:
- Integrated Function Location Manager
- Create and display several translations at one time
- Redlining functionality
- Copy or move single pages by drag and drop in project tree
- Show wire sizes and wire colors on wires
- Terminal/Cable plans information for potential names can be displayed
- Cable plan with shield information for cables
Finally, SEE Electrical V5R1 also offers exciting New Modules:
- “Intelligent Drawing Legacy”: The module, available in different levels of functionalities, allows :
- Load multiple scanned pictures automatically into different pages
- Use a pattern recognition tool: patterns (consisting of geometry and text) imported via DXF/DWG can be recognized and converted to symbols which match the SEE Electrical processes.
- “Smart PDF Printer” module: allows navigation in the project due to the cross references, and generates an overview of the project tree and of the components.
- “Solidworks Entreprise PDM interface” (EPDM): provided by Solidworks, EPDM offers new functionalities such as check in, check out of projects, management of user rights for projects, life cycle management … This is the first step to enable collaborative design between Mechanical and Electrical CAD systems.
- “SolidWorks interface”: data exchange between Electrical and Mechanical CAD is now allowed due to “From/To” lists for wires and cable cores, saving time and reducing errors.
For more information about this new version, please visit: