New Features and Enhancements
▪ Management of the LongLong data type use in the Excel VBA of ADG.
▪ Improved the dialogue for block positioning to display correctly the list of the available option points.
▪ Enhanced the Excel Information row (on the first page) that displays the version details
Due to the addition of Function for groups and sheets in SEE Automatic Diagram Generation V4R3 – 22.214.171.124, SEE Automatic Diagram Generation V4R3 – 126.96.36.199 is compatible with SEE Electrical Expert 4.89/R (and not with earlier versions).
The tool is to be used for creation of a new project based on an EMPTY template project.
It is not intended for updating an existing project.
The SEE Automatic Diagram Generation tool is installed by default in: C:\ProgramData\IGE+XAO\, but the destination directory can be changed during the installation.
▪ Layout blocks have to be inserted at the end.
Important! In case of any issues with the XLS file, make sure that the following Excel options are enabled:
▪ Trust access to the VBA project object model – available in the Macro Settings section of the Trust Center window (called via File > Options> Trust Center – Trust Center Settings… button).
▪ Show a zero in cells that have zero value – available in the Advanced section of the Excel Options window (called via File > Options).
In order to update the attributes of your project and blocks, it is recommended that you use the export/import functionalities, which allow you to avoid saving the Excel file and be always up to date for the generation.
During import, the process checks the names of the attributes in the XLS and XML files, and assigns/updates the attributes existing in the XLS file with the corresponding values obtained from the imported XML.
When you launch SEE Automatic Diagram Generation for the first time, you will be asked to define:
▪ In SEE Electrical Expert, create a block and copy it in your blocks folder (specified in the Project tab of the XLS file).
▪ To ensure efficiency, create a .jpg image and assign it with the same name as the name of the respective block.
▪ Save the image in the Jpg block folder (specified in the Project tab).
▪ The Jpg folder has to contain a “TitleBlockIEC.jpg” image (delivered with the installation).
▪ You can add variables on the block’s symbols via the SEE Block Param Editor tool.
▪ Variables are loaded on the tool during block insertion within the BLK-SSD tab of the Excel file.
▪ Variables enable you to define different values in order to apply them in your project.
To create a new line, double-click on the current one.
▪ To remove an existing line, double-click on it.
▪ To insert a new block on a line, double-click in the relevant cell of the “Block” column.
▪ To define an equipment code, double-click in the corresponding “Code” cell and select your equipment code from the available “SEECATALOG”.
▪ To insert a block from the user interface, select the corresponding block image in the Jpg blocks folder.
▪ During the insertion of a new block from the visual graph, you can re-calibrate your graph and define the origin coordinates via the Calibrate button.
▪ To generate only the desired blocks, perform a relevant sorting by location, function and/or variant.
▪ To insert a layout block, you have to use the keyword “Layout” in the block name (for example: “LayoutBlock”, or “BlockLayout”, or “BlockLayout1, etc.).
▪ To insert a harness block, you have to use the keyword “Harness” in the block name (e.g. “HarnessBlock”, “BlockHarness”, “BlockHarness1”, etc.).
▪ To insert a synoptic block, you have to use the keyword “Synoptic” in the block name (e.g. “SynopticBlock”, “BlockSynoptic”, “BlockSynoptic1”, etc.).
▪ To insert an SSD, you have to use the keyword “SSD” in the block name (e.g. “SSDBlock”, “BlockSSD”, BlockSSD1″, etc.).
Terminal strips generation, cables generation and sheet lists generation
The source project has to be correctly set and consistent with the data inserted in the Excel file.
In order to generate terminal strips, cables and connectors, you need to specify the “Sheet Generation Destination Group” (respectively for terminal strips, cables and connectors) as follows: “TERMINALS\”, “CABLES\” and “CONNECTORS\”.
In order to generate sheet lists:
In the corresponding Editing method (in SEE Electrical Expert), you have to set the “Sheet Generation Destination Group” field as follows: “@\”.
The edition name and generation language must be the same as the name and the language of the source project.
Microsoft Windows 10 (32 or 64-bit).
▪ Compatible only with MS Office since version 2010 (32 or 64-bit), and local installation of MS Office 365.
▪ Installation of VBA 7.1 x86.
▪ Since SEE Automatic Diagram Generation 4.83.14, it is required to have at least SEE Electrical Expert V4R3 SP14 – 4.89/R.
▪ Excel file delivered with this version.
▪ Automatic Diagram Generation module license.
Known Issues and Workarounds
Issues to be fixed in the next patch of SEE Automatic Diagram Generation
No such planned